1. Who We are
We are Sligo Credit Union Limited (“we” or “us”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies specifically to the use of our website and linked electronic applications. It should be read in conjunction with our Data Protection Privacy Notice a copy of which can also be found on our website and any applicable terms and conditions of website or linked electronic application use.
This statement sets out the basis on which any of your personal data is processed by us via our website or linked electronic applications.
We recognise the importance of safeguarding personal data when dealing with transactions and information about individuals and comply with applicable data protection legislation which includes that relating to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information provided at the time of registering to use our online credit union services.
- Information that you or others provide by filling in forms on our website or which you or they otherwise provide to us.
- Any instructions we accept from you or transactions we undertake to which you are a party, whether through our website, branches or otherwise.
- Information we obtain through your use of any electronic application which we may make available to you and which you have downloaded including for example details of how you interact with the App instructions which you may have placed via the App and details of your device.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Website to operate. Please see our Cookies Policy on our website for more information.
4. What we do with your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide credit union and other related services, products and facilities to you;
- to assess eligibility and credibility for the services, products and facilities we offer;
- to implement any contracts we have entered into with you; and
- to conduct credit searches with credit reference agencies in order to provide credit facilities and, where necessary, for fraud prevention and debt recovery.
We may also use information about you to notify you about changes to our services to which you have subscribed or to provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or, where you have agreed to us doing so, which we feel may interest you.
We may use anonymised or statistical information to analyse our website and services and to make improvements or other adjustments to them.
5. Security for CU Online
All information you provide to us through CU Online is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions undertaken through CU Online are encrypted using SSL technology.
You must keep your PIN, Password and Username for CU Online, and any other security device we give you, safe and secure.
You should log off CU Online and your Online Account when finished using CU Online.
The use of the Internet, by its nature, is not always secure. As a result, while we have reasonable IT security measures in place, we cannot guarantee the security or privacy of communications made over the Internet including any related to CU Online, the Online Services or your Online Account.
You are responsible for complying with all CU Online Terms and Conditions which you subscribe to when signing up to and using the service. This includes being responsible for providing all you require to safely and properly access and use CU Online and the Online Services including a computer, an Internet connection and security software
6. Where we store your personal information
Your information is stored in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and there are no plans to transfer your personal data to countries outside the EEA or those countries not deemed by the European Authorities to have an equivalent system of data protection in place.
7. Your Rights
Please see our Data Protection Privacy Notice for information on your rights under applicable data protection legislation and the GDPR.
8. Changes to our Privacy Statement
Sligo Credit Union reserves the right to amend this privacy statement from time to time. Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page.
9. Contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com or via the contact details specified in the Data Protection Privacy Notice